We’ve compiled a list of frequently asked questions. Let us know if you have more.
The Games are SONIC’s premier training program offered system-wide to increase operational excellence and overall guest satisfaction through incentive driven behavior metrics and rewards. The overall mission of the Games is to train passionate SONIC brand ambassadors who deliver the best guest experience.
The enrollment fee for the DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES is $299 plus tax, which can be paid for either by SONIC invoice or with your 2021 DR PEPPER funds, provided you have sufficient funds available. The overall enrollment fee amounts to less than $1 a day to train and reward your crew for operational excellence.
The Games begin January 1, 2021. Your crew will compete against 3,000 drive-ins by completing monthly online training modules, testing operational execution during monthly Mystery Shops, earning instant eGift card rewards and monthly prizes giving you and your crew the power of choice as you train and win. Come together as a team to succeed through each of the advancing rounds including the Preliminary Round, Semifinals, Top 500, and Knowledge Bowls for a chance to compete as a Final 12 team at the 2021 National Finals Competition. All your tools for success are included in your Games Kit and you can track your team's progress on the DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES website.
Included in your Games Kit will be a program guide outlining all program details, points flyer, and a recognition wall & calendar to track your monthly progress. Your Games Kit will also include lapel pins and a custom notepad to keep track of Games details and reward your crew on a job well done.
Upon completion of your monthly TOT ZONE module you will have the opportunity to visit our Press-and-Win digital playground. Spin the wheel to win prizes such as: instantly redeemable eGift cards from our merchant gift card catalog; trending electronics, such as smart TV’s; plus other Dr Pepper and SONIC swag. If you are not an instant winner, your name will be placed into a monthly drawing for high end merchandise such as Apple Products and Gaming consoles!
The DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES The DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES include the complete Mystery Shop excluding the skating Carhop component. This Shop will be taken directly from your regularly scheduled Mystery Shop. You will receive 5 total Mystery Shops: Shop per month (January – May). The 4 best Mystery Shops with the highest score will count towards your final score; the Mystery Shop with your lowest score will be dropped. Drive-ins that receive multiple Mystery Shops per month, a computer-generated program will randomly select your Mystery Shop and mark it with an asterisk (*). Drive-ins will be scored on the same scale. Mystery Shop questions regarding scoring or disputes within the Preliminary Round must be submitted to Games Headquarters by May 31, 2021, 5:00 p.m. Central Time. If a drive-in becomes permanently closed after enrolling, the store will be removed from the competition. If a drive-in is temporarily closed (<45 days), shops will be made up using one of the following:
- Use next completed Shop(s) in the current month if time permits.
- Use next completed Shop(s) in the next month, unless the missing Shop occurs in May, then the last completed Shop of April will be used.
- If a drive-in only receives one Shop per month, then it will be at the franchisee's expense for an additional Shop to be conducted and that Shop will then make up for the missed Shop.
Shop disputes should be submitted in an online inquiry via the Mystery Shop reporting platform at http://sonic.marketforce.com/login.aspx. Should a store need login credentials they will need to email the SONIC Info mailbox at email@example.com.
- Competing in the DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES gives your drive-in access to the brand-new TOT ZONE training platform. TOT ZONE is replacing the old eLearning system and providing your crew with a new, user-friendly interface making training easier!
- Drive-ins that participate in the games continuously outperform those that don’t.
- Enrolled drive-ins have higher employee retention and higher KPI scores
- Crew members involved develop greater traits in time management, responsibility, and passion for their drive-in-Managers involved develop stronger leadership characteristics and relationships with their crew members
- Everyone participating at your drive-in has the opportunity to win amazing prizes such as eGift cards, Dr Pepper merchandise, and the latest tech gear! 70% of enrolled drive-in crew members received a prize valued between $15 and $500 in the 2019 Games. Through our Press-and-Win Portal, your crew could even be featured in the spotlight for winning a prize!
- As your drive-in advances throughout the rounds, you will receive additional rewards for all your efforts. This could include DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES swag, banners to display at your drive-in, and exclusive prizes! If your drive-in advances all the way to the Final 12, you will earn a chance to compete in the 2021 National Finals Competition and an all-expenses-paid trip to the SONIC National Convention for 7 participants (1 Manager and 6 Crew Members)!