We've compiled a list of frequently asked questions, let us know if you have more.
The Games are SONIC’s premier training program offered system-wide to increase operational excellence and overall guest satisfaction through incentive driven behavior metrics and rewards. The overall mission of the Games is to train passionate SONIC brand ambassadors who deliver the best guest experience.
Modules to complete will be communicated via email, eLearning and a points flyer.
- EMAIL: On the first day of every month you will receive an email to the store email. In this email you will find the modules and webinars that your Managers or crew members need to complete on eLearning, as well as the dates to complete them by.
- eLEARNING: You can visit the eLearning home page where you will find a DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES box that will have direct links to all the modules and webinars for the current month.
- POINTS FLYER: You can click here to be directed to the resources page where you can find a digital points flyer that will tell you how many managers and crew members need to complete the current months modules as well as what’s coming next.
- BONUS POINTS: You can earn bonus points by having the correct number of mangers and crew members complete all the modules for the current month by the 15th of the month.
- MORE ACTIVITY MORE POINTS: Not happy with your current score? Have a Manager or crew member that has not yet taken the module take the module to try and make higher score than the other crew members.
- CHECK YOUR SCORE: You can click here to visit the scoring update page, type in your drive-in number and see your drive-ins progress through out the Games
The Games Kit in 2020 is a Games branded camo backpack, inside you will find the Program Guide, Recognition Wall & Calendar, Desktop Notepad and Points Flyer. All these items are important and a key to success in 2020. Below you will find the best way to utilize all these items.
Your Program Guide will tell you all you need to know for 2020. We recommend that you and your crew read through the Program Guide before the start of the Games Jan 1.
This guide will explain where to find the Games modules and how to earn cool prizes. How to log into the Games website as well as the username and password for the DR PEPPER SONIC GAMES website. Please call Games HQ with any questions you may have after you have read through the Program Guide.
Keep the points flyer by the drive-ins computer so each crew member can see the MAX points they can earn for completing and making 100% on the Games modules. The points flyer will also explain how other point earning activities will be scored.
RECOGNITION WALL & CALENDAR
Hang up your wall calendar and recognition kit in your drive-in where all the crew members will see it daily! Use the overview calendar on the right-hand side to see what modules need to be completed and how many crew members are required to complete to receive completion credit. Once the task is completed check it off so your crew members can keep track as well.
Use your notepad to jot down reminders and important notes, but also use this notepad to recognize your crew members for doing an outstanding job! Remember to stick your recognition post-it to your recognition wall so all the crew members can see how hard their teammates are working.
The lapel pins are a Games collectors’ item! Each year you enroll your drive-in will receive 30 lapel pins to wear on crew visors or lanyards. Make sure to give one to each crew member in your drive-in, if you need more than 30 give Games HQ a call, 800-787-3794, and well send you a few more.
Upon completion of your monthly eLearning module you will have the opportunity to visit our press and win digital playground. Spin the wheel to win prizes such as: instantly redeemable eGift cards from our merchant gift card catalog; trending electronics, such as smart TV’s; plus other Dr Pepper and SONIC swag. If you are not an instant winner, your name will be placed into a monthly drawing for high end merchandise such as Apple watches, drones and much more!
A complete Mystery Shop excluding the skating Carhop component is used for scoring. This Shop will be taken directly from your regularly scheduled Mystery Shop. You will receive 5 total Mystery Shops during the Preliminary Round: 1 Shop per month (January – May). The 4 best Mystery Shops with the highest scores will count towards your final score; the Mystery Shop with your lowest score will be dropped. If you receive more than one Shop per month, a computer-generated program will randomly select one and mark it with an asterisk (*). Drive-ins will be scored on different scales if questions don’t apply (i.e. No public restroom, POPs menu, etc.) If a drive-in is permanently closed after enrolling, Shop(s) will not be made up. If a drive-in is temporarily closed ( <45 days ), Shops will be made up using one of the following:
- Use next completed Shop(s) in the current month, if time permits.
- Use next completed Shop(s) in the next month, unless the missing Shop occurs in May, then the last completed Shop of April will be used.
- If a drive-in only receives one Shop per month, then it will be at the franchisee's expense for an additional Shop to be conducted and that Shop will then make up for the missed Shop.
Shop disputes should be submitted in an online inquiry via the Mystery Shop reporting platform at http://sonic.marketforce.com/login.aspx. Should a store need login credentials they will need to email the SONIC Info mailbox at email@example.com.
Each drive-in will have an opportunity to earn points for Complaints/10,000, Friendliness, Ops Execution, and Bonus Points on a monthly basis. You can see exactly how many points you can earn on a monthly basis by clicking here to see the points structure page.
No, the complaints/10,000 will be graded on a sliding scale based on the number of complaints your drive-in received that month. Click here to see the points structure page where you can see how many points you can earn based on your drive-ins score.
Sometimes, when your module isn’t closing out correctly, it is helpful to clear your cache and try again. Clearing your cache can be a different process depending on which browser you are using.
Select the three-dot menu button at the top right-hand corner of your screen, just below the X. Click the following sequence: Settings > Advanced > Privacy and Security > Clear Browsing Data. Check the box next to “Cached images and files” and click “Clear Data”.
Select the settings icon at the top right-hand corner of your screen. Click “Internet Options”. Underneath Browsing History, you will check the box next to “Delete browsing history on exit”.
Select the three-dot menu button at the top right-hand corner of your screen, just below the X. Click “Settings” and then the button that says “Choose what to clear”. Check the box next to “Cached data and files”. Click the button that says “Clear”.
Select the three-line menu button at the top right-hand corner of your screen. Select “Options” and then select “Privacy & Security”. In the “Cookies and Site Data” section, click the “Clear Data” button. Check the box next to “Cached Web Content”, then click the button that says “Clear”.
If after clearing your cache, your module still says “In Progress”, it might be an eLearning system issue. If this is the case, you can call eLearning at 888-282-4392. Remember, if your module does not have a green bubble that says “Passed”, you are not getting credit for completion of this module.